As soon as the temperature starts to drop and the days are becoming darker I'm strating to become grumpier. That's because I don't like winter. It is dark, cold and wet, the only good things about it are hot chocolate, roasted chestnuts, ice skating, and CHRISTMAS! Yep, I am a Christmas-aholic. I love everything about Christmas: the gift shopping, decorating the house, baking cookies, the whole shebang :-D I have always loved Christmas themed movies but discovered holiday themed novels existed only last year, since then I became a big fan of Holiday Reading Challenges and I would like to invite you to come and join Book Lovers Inc's very first Holiday Reading Challenge!
1. The BLI Holiday Reading Challenge will start on November 10 and will end on December 31.
2. You can read as many holiday themed books for the challenge as you wish, pick your level:
Santa's Helper: read 1-3 holiday themed books
Serial Mistletoe-er: read 4-6 holiday themed books
Candy Cane-aholic: read 7 or more holiday themed books
3. The books you read for this challenge must all be holiday related books. The holiday doesn't matter, it can be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc. and the story can have any connection to the holiday (for example set around Christmastime, or having Santa or an elf as a character, the cover being festive, etc.).
4. The format, length or genre of the books do not matter, they can be ebooks, paperbacks, audiobooks, and short stories and novellas do count as well. It's okay for the book to overlap with other challenges. The only thing is that they can't be children's books, but YA novels are good. Re-reads are also fine.
5. Start the challenge by signing up! Leave a link back to your challenge post in the linky.
If you don't have a blog, no problem, you can still sign up with your name and e-mail address.
(There will be posts later where you can leave your links to the reviews and of course there will be a challenge wrap up post at the end).
6. And of course there will be prizes! There will be separate giveaways where you can win some holiday themed novels (the rules for those will be set out on the separate posts) and there will be the Big Giveaway: at the end of the challenge we will draw a winner from all the review links. Meaning the more books you read, review and link up, the more chances you have at winning. :-) The winner will have their choice of any holiday themed book under 10 USD.
And now that the rules are set, let's start the challenge!
Here is our festive challenge button, feel free to display it on your blog or site, and we would be grateful if you spread the word, the more the merrier! :-)
I will take a look at holiday books and show you what I plan to read later ;-)
ps. You can find a list of holiday book recommendations HERE.