• Ties (same as socks. Would you really want him to pick out your shoes? Don’t pick out his tie.)
• Gift Certificate (unless it’s to his favorite store, which means, not the store you think is his favorite. If you don’t know, work it out of him. Sex is useful for that as well.)
• Clothes in general are a bad idea.
• Movies you’re not 100% positive he wants.
• Watches (see above regarding ties)
• Power tools. Be sure it’s one he doesn’t already have, or is at least one he needs to replace.
• Games. Most guys love video games. If you have a console, get a first person shooter if he doesn’t already have one. Call of Duty is a good place to start!
• Home Improvement projects: If he’s the handy type, buy a lighting fixture, or a new faucet… give him all the items needed to do a project. It doesn’t sound like a present, but the handy guys love it, especially if it’s for his office, den or man cave.
• Hunting equipment. This is hard because hunters are very picky about their equipment, but if he’s the outdoorsy hunting type, they can always find room for another knife. Think big. A knife size is as important to him as you know what! When he goes hunting with his buds, he’ll want to whip out his huge, gigantic, manly knife to show who’s the real man. Try a bowie, tanto or survival non-folding knife with minimum of a 7 inch blade. Think Rambo or Crocodile Dundee. Make sure the blade is minimum 440 stainless steel. 420 is not good enough. Anything less is cheap Chinese steel.
Thank you Brindle for sharing Lilith's advice, it was quite insightful... :-) And now for the giveaway:
Brindle generously offered one lucky commentator a PDF copy of Gothic City Lights.
To be entered leave a comment/question for Lilith or Brindle or just share your tip on what to get him for Christmas. Please also leave your e-mail address so I can contact you if you win.
Giveaway is international and ends on December 21.
Also, if you would like a free Gothic City Lights bookmark, email your mailing address to email@example.com and he’ll mail one to you. (Emails and mailing addresses will not be stored or used for any purpose other than awarding the gifts.)